Reclaim Your Yard with Quality Aeration and Seeding
Aeration and Seeding in Fairfax County
Northern Virginia inhabits a lot of clay soil and very little sand. Based on natural rainfall, proper irrigation, and weather fluctuation, grounds here become very compact. Compacted soil leads to little pore space which will ultimately stunt your lawns growth. By aerating the turf, you can reduce this compaction of the soil enhancing not only the existing grass, but improving the results of seeding by increasing the percentage of seed germination.
Our lawn aeration and overseeding in Fairfax County benefits your grass by:
- Reducing soil compaction.
- Fostering deeper root growth.
- Enhancing water absorption while reducing runoff.
- Increasing microbial biodiversity of your grass’s soil.
- Augmenting the dark green hue and thickness of your turf.
- Helping your grass outcompete weeds.
- Decreasing thatch buildup.
Get a Free Estimate
What Does Aeration and Overseeding Look Like?
After aerating, we overseed your yard with a Blue Tag certified premium seed blend that fills out any thin patches in your lawn, creating thick and uniform turf from one end to the other. Conducted on a yearly basis, aeration and overseeding provide your grass a fresh start, helping it recover from the weather, foot traffic, and chemical exposure.
When you partner with NuLeaf for lawn aeration in Fairfax County, we send one of our highly trained technicians to your property. Once our technician arrives, the aeration process involves:
- Inspecting the yard and marking any objects that could be damaged by the aerator (e.g. sprinkler heads, paving stones, etc.).
- Driving a core aerating machine over your turf, pulling out soil plugs, and depositing them on the surface.
- Allowing soil plug cavities to decompress, making it easier for water and grass seed to enter your soil.
- Soil plugs left on the surface of your grass to break down over the following days and weeks, introducing beneficial bacteria to the surface of your lawn that helps decompose thatch.
- Spreading an even layer of blue tag certified premium seed by our lawn care technicians that germinate and fill in gaps in your yard.
The many benefits of aeration in Fairfax County will not only help your grass germinate properly, but it will also give your grass a more vibrant look soon after the process is complete.
Our focus is on you as the customer, because we can’t do what we do without you! So if a service we perform doesn’t meet your expectations, we want to make it right. We will re-treat at no additional cost as well as offering free unlimited service calls for all items covered by your personal program. Get the best services with a proven satisfaction guarantee!
Community Focused Lawn Care
At NuLeaf, we’re dedicated to helping our community one lawn at a time. We do this through our customer focus, prioritizing upfront communication and satisfying service from top to bottom. We also serve our community through our firm environmental commitment because we know that we all lose when our environment suffers. Lastly, our individualized and science-based approach assures you and your lawn get exactly what’s needed. We’re continuously growing, learning, and improving so we can better serve the community of which we are connected with.
Areas We Service in Northern Virginia
We’re proud to serve NOVA and our fellow Virginians by providing holistically healthy lawns and customer-centered service. We know we’re being successful when our customers are happy, our environment is healthy, and our communities thrive.